Wezul Fam

Home Forums On the Front Porch Wezul Fam

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yes, you read that right.  Wezul Family.  Our last name is actually “Wietlisbach” (witt-liss-bawk)….but everyone in the military (and beyond) calls my husband “Wezul”.  He was “Wezul” in my phone for years–even before we were dating.  Then, a year or so ago, he got the bright idea to change it to Eric “Awesome Husband” Wietlisbach.  I left it that way.  It fits.

We are an Air Force family.  We’ve lived in Colorado, Mississippi, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Illinois, Alabama, Virginia, and now….New Jersey (about 45 minutes SE of Philly).  We will find out Septemberish how long we will be here.  Either 1 year or 3-4 years.  We’ve been married for 16 years, and we have three boys (12, 10, 7), a girl (5) and a baby on the way in November.  We homeschool, and we take that adventure one year at a time.

We love:  All things music, sports, camping ONLY IN COOL weather, biking as a family, being outside, reading aloud, playing board games, having friends over for dinner…the list goes on.  We love it all really…just not bugs, humidity, and unbearable summers.  New Jersey has all that.  Haha.  The beach is close by, so that’s a win!  Find the silver lining folks.

We are going to unpack more boxes now.

Love,

The Wezul Family

Michael Hernon
      Keymaster

Eric and Marie – Great to have you in the neighborhood!  Thanks for the phonetic spelling and the short version. I would love to see if we could get all military families together to share stories and wisdom.  We meet so many at events and via email.  Do you have a good community where you are in NJ? Did you just get there?

I love camping but I made a tragic / fatal mistake by taking the family camping in July or August one year. The A/C on the van broke on the way there and it was steaming hot when we got there. And sleeping at night was awful.  I have gotten my younger ones to go with me again but have scarred the older ones. But we made some memories anyway.

Thanks fo joining us and sharing a bit about you!

Mike

That’s a great idea!  The military life is definitely its own beast and presents particular challenges.  We are happy to help and support however we can.

We moved into our NJ home on June 29th.  So yeah…we kinda just got here.  We do have a nice community of neighbors and kiddos on our street–we chose to live on base this assignment because of the demands of my husband’s job.  Short commute and pretty much instant community.  We left a wonderful Catholic community in Williamsburg, VA though….so….we are now trying to build our Catholic community here which is obviously NOT ideal during a pandemic situation.  Needless to say, we are thankful for THIS messy family neighborhood where geography doesn’t matter 😉

It’s a challenge finding OUR people after every move–but I’m praying for guidance and connection.  God answered!  When we were waiting for our house to become available, we lived in the temporary living facility (TLF).  We used to walk the nearby neighborhood in the evenings, and there was a home that had a picture of the Divine Mercy in the window.  I prayed that we would somehow meet that family.  And IT HAPPENED!  We only had a night or two left in the TLF, and as I was chatting with another family on their front lawn after a walk, the Divine Mercy family (as I call them) walked by.  I recognized one of their kids and just decided to ask, “Are you the family with Divine Mercy picture in your window?”  They got the biggest kick out of the fact that I prayed to meet them!  Their daughter is going to babysit for us tomorrow night!  WOOT WOOT!  So, it’s a start.  God has put three words on my heart during our time in NJ:  Mission (especially in our own homes), Witness, and Desert.

We can just picture the camping story–thanks for sharing, haha.  Eric and I were laughing at that one!  We aren’t hard core campers…but we do enjoy the outdoors and like to give our kids the experience–especially if we camp with other crazy camping families.  Memories indeed 🙂

“See” you all Friday night!

Marie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.