The Guthries!

Home Forums On the Front Porch The Guthries!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Guthrie
      Participant

Hi all! So nice to “meet” you all on here. We are looking forward to getting to know you all better.

I’m Kat and my husband is Pierce. Pierce and I went to college together, and even though we lived just a floor away for all four years we didn’t meet until just before graduation…we met at a grad party and have been together ever since! I was raised Catholic and Pierce was baptized into the church in 2014, just before we were married. We have three awesome kiddos, Lelia (5), Hannah (2), and we just welcomed our sweet boy Ryan on March 30th.

Pierce and I are both active duty Marines and have been serving for more than 9 years now. We are currently stationed in southern California. While our service has been rewarding and challenging, we are both looking to transition out of the Marine Corps next summer so we can create a more stable environment for our children to grow up in. One of the challenges of moving every few years has been finding a new church and building relationships within the community there. While we’ve been fortunate to find good parishes everywhere we’ve been, we always feel like we’re just really fitting in and connecting with others when it’s time to move again. So we are very excited about this group and connecting with other Catholic parents!

Ashlee Lally
      Participant

Hi Kat, so nice to meet you! Thank you so much for all you and your husband have done for your country. I know moving can be so hard- I moved 11 times as a kid. The great thing about kids is they are so resilient. I hope you’re able to find the stability you need with your beautiful family! And at least you have a stable Catholic community here 😊

Alicia Hernon
        Participant

Great encouragement Ashlee, so true. Katherine we are so glad you are here and thank you for your service! My dad, brother and brother in law are all Marines. Semper Fi!

Lisa Baird
      Participant

Thank you very much for you and your husband’s service and sacrifice for our country. May God continue to bless you and keep you safe.

Lisa Wirth
      Participant

Wow! Thank you for your service! Excited for new beginnings for your family 😊

Leandro Dasilva
      Participant

Hi Kat and Pierce. Thank you for your service.

Ann Best
      Participant

Kat and Pierce, we certainly appreciate your service. Moving frequently and building a new church family each time certainly sounds challenging but it sounds like you have a great plan in place for how to handle that.

Anita Moffett
      Participant

military life is not for the faint of heart so thank you for all you do! Good luck with your next chapter and we look forward to getting to know you

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.