Prayers needed for healing

Home Forums Ladies’ Garden Party Prayers needed for healing

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

Hello ladies, I don’t know where to start but I need to tell someone about my feelings regarding last night’s meeting. It was really hard for me because when Alicia started talking  about her uncles passing triggered me to get really upset and I couldn’t really enjoy the rest of the conversation.

You might be wondering why… Well, my mom passed away a couple of months ago in Spain during some of the worse times of covid and i could not fly to be with her and say goodbye as I would have loved to do and would have done if it wasn’t for this pandemic.   She had an almost 2 year battle with pancreatic cancer and died a beautiful but horrible death. I was present through video calls, I prayed with my family, I saw her dying, I saw my 5 sisters dressing and cleaning her limb body, they called me during the wake, funeral mass  and burial and I am grateful for this technologies that made me feel connected in such a way.  But  my heart still aches because I couldn’t give her a last hug or hold her hands or give my sisters and father a hug during our pain. So the trigger was not hearing about your uncles death, Alicia, it was when you started talking about how you made it right in time and were able to fly to him and be with during his passing and I know that you just wanted to share a beautiful experience. The truth is that I’ve been a mess since last night, worse than I’ve been since her passing.

Please keep me in your prayers. I hope that God will  help me heal this painful loss. I know that I’m not alone but sometimes it does feel like it.

Thanks for listening!

Violeta

Stephanie Leddy
      Participant

Violeta, I am so sorry to hear of your mom’s passing. I can’t imagine how difficult it has been for you, not being able to be with her at the end. You are in my prayers.

Claire Zugec
      Participant

Violeta,

I am so sorry about your mom’s passing. My heart truly goes out to you. I’m sure it has made the grief so much more complex with not being able to be there. And we are such physical beings who need the hugs and last embraces, and yet can’t in the same way during this pandemic. As a suggestion (for a time and place that maybe it would be helpful), there is a great book called “Praying our goodbyes” by Joyce Rupp that may help with your healing journey. I read / prayed through it a number of years ago for a loss in my own life, and I really appreciated some of the prayers and exercises from the book. Healing is such a journey, but seems like God wants to really work on your heart by this all being brought up last night. Thanks for opening up and sharing with us! I will keep you in my prayers!
      <p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

April Lucas
      Participant

Entiendo que  simplemente no hay palabras que puedan curar ese dolor. Lo único que puedo hacer es pedir por paz en tu corazón y Y la certeza que un día estarán juntos con nuestro dios.

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

Thank you so much to all of you! I ordered the book from my library, Claire. Thanks for the recommendation!

I’m so sorry Violeta.  I can’t imagine your pain right now.  We will pray for you, and I’m so glad you reached out.

Lisa Baird
      Participant

Oh Violeta- I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother and the deep wound of not being able to be with her.  I can not even begin to imagine the pain you are going through.  I have not lost a parent yet, but I am sure it is extremely hard and your circumstances with the pandemic made it even harder.  A book that I did read regarding grief was called A Grief Unveiled By Gregory Floyd.  It is about a father losing his son and him trying to come to grips with God’s goodness in the mist of unbearable suffering.  When looking up the title for you, I also discovered that he wrote a sequel for 15 years later.  I don’t know if these will help you, but I got a lot out of them regarding suffering and trusting in God.  I will keep your entire family in my prayers and I hope that Jesus will begin to heal your hurting heart and comfort you with a sense of peace that only comes from Him.  God bless you.

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

Violeta,

Thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing your pain with all of us.  I hope you do feel that this is a safe place for you to grieve.  I have not lost a parent yet either, so I can’t pretend to know what that is like.  But I do know that God is near to the broken-hearted.  Use this suffering to come closer to him.  God allows us to suffer so we can know MORE of His love for us, not less.  Speak to Him about your disappointment, even your anger, as well as your sorrow and loss.  Know that He hears you and your mother hears your prayers as well!  Only He can transform our sorrow into joy.  Trust Him.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.