Meet the Sharkey!

Home Forums On the Front Porch Meet the Sharkey!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick Sharkey
      Participant

Hello from the great Northwest!

My wife, Andrea, and I are natives of Washington State and currently live just south of Seattle. We are both cradle-Catholics who met in 2010 at Franciscan University of Steubenville. After refusing to go on a date for two years, Andrea finally said “yes” and the rest is history. We’ve now been married almost 6 year and have three awesome kids, Lucy, Maria, and Patrick. I work for the Archdiocese of Seattle directing their Retreat Center. Andrea works from home as a Tele-nurse and is working on becoming a bonified homeschooling mom. As a family we enjoy, camping, playing board games, riding bikes, and cooking.

We are really looking forward to meeting you all!

Sandra Sturgeon
      Participant

Hi Patrick, so nice to meet you! We just started homeschooling a few months ago, definitely a unique journey!

Stephanie Carder
      Participant

Hi Patrick!

We are just beginning the homeschooling journey and I’d love to hear any advice you guys have!

We love backpacking and camping, too! Do you have a favorite place near you that you camp at?

Patrick Sharkey
      Participant

Hi Stephanie,
      I’ll have to get my wife on here to comment on her experience. Our oldest is 4, so we are just dipping our toes into the water. We started her on the Seton preschool curriculum is already starting to read and seemed ready for structured learning. I know my wife likes Seton so far because all the lesson plans and materials are provided. Have you picked out a curriculum yet? We are pretty certain we’ll stick with Seton, but are not 100% locked in.

Great to meet another nature loving family. We just got back last week from Greyland beach State Park for our first camping trip of the season (most of the camp grounds in Washington have been shut down because of COVID. they just started opening in June.) It was great to get back out as a family. I especially loved the crisp morning sunrises. Have you all been out yet in 2020?

Kelly Groesbeck
      Participant

Hi Patrick,
      We are in Washington too! We are north of Seattle in Edmonds. I also work for the church- directing youth sacrament prep at our parish (and until a few weeks ago teaching middle school religion). We are switching our kids to homeschool in the fall and with that I’m going to teach them instead of in the classroom.
      Glad to see another family from Washington on here!

Anita Moffett
      Participant

Hello from the Moffetts, camping and cooking are two of the ways we connect as a family too! Do you have any favorites when it comes to cooking?

Ann Best
      Participant

Hello to another homeschooling family! We’ve been homeschooling for a few years now and have seen a lot of benefits for our children. Some challenges too, but it has been so worth it.

Do you have any favorite games that you’d like to recommend? Our kids are just starting to really get into them and they always love to try new ones.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.