Meet the Fish Family

Home Forums On the Front Porch Meet the Fish Family

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Laureen Fish
      Participant

Hello Messy Neighborhood!

Laureen & Richard Fish here, from Cape Cod. We are a happily married couple for over 10 years now, and have been blessed with three lovely children, Cortlandt 8, Hannah 7 and Lucy 4. We are a camping family, who LOVES to bike, sing, play violin, drums, hates the beach, but enjoys swimming, and are completely crazy. We are both teachers, and our kids are enrolled in Catholic school. My husband is a freelance musician in addition to his teacher responsibilities and I am a freelance website designer/social media manager in addition to my teacher duties. We are also into year 1 of the Deaconate program.

Can’t wait to meet some of you lovely people!

Hi Laureen! We have a Lucy, too! But she is only 10 months old. You guys sound like you have a pretty vibrant family life there in Cape Cod, with lots going on!

Laureen Fish
      Participant

Chris and Anh! Our little Lucy Therese! Love the name- 10 months is such a fun age!

Ann Best
      Participant

Wow! You play the violin – that sounds amazing. Congratulations on starting the Deaconate program. I’ve heard that it can be intense sometimes but it sounds like you have a fantastic outlook and have a lovely family. So nice to meet you!

Laureen Fish
        Participant

So to be clear, I am just starting the violin, BUT my three kids all play violin 🙂 I started with them. Hope they treasure it through their adulthood. Yup, the Deaconate program is VERY intense, and we are by far the youngest couple. 🙁

Ann Best
      Participant

It’s just an incredible blessing to churches though – thank you as a family for being willing to step into such an intense program to serve others, Laureen.

You’re further ahead musically than I am – of any of the family who have tried an instrument so far, I am undeniably the least talented. I am currently trying to resurrect my (somewhat nonexistent) skills on the flute. But playing is so fun, even if it doesn’t sound great. Thanks to our homeschool co-op, I’m a bit better with the tin whistle. 😉

(I am hoping that this post ends up responding to your reply – I haven’t quite figured out how to do that yet. Maybe this is the time that I manage it!)

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

When my second was about 7 I started taking violin lessons with him and I loved it. I took lessons for about a year until Maggie, my 5th was born. I stopped, but I would love to take it up again! I have one daughter who played for a few years, and my youngest is now taking lessons with my friend and neighbor (very convenient!). I should probably pick it up again with her. Such good brain exercise, learning new music!

Laureen Fish
      Participant

Yes, Alicia! I have given myself a goal of getting through book 1. Once I do, I will reward myself with trying the cello, which has an incredibly beautiful sound!

Laureen Fish
      Participant

Ann-
      Thank you for saying that! Bring on the tin whistle! 🙂

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

It’s so nice to meet you. My oldest daughter also plays the violin and piano. Your family sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to getting to know you better

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.