Meet the Bina family

Home Forums On the Front Porch Meet the Bina family

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristen Bina
      Participant

Hi, we are the Bina family. I am Kristen and my husband is Chuck. We have been married 8 years. We have been following messy family for a few years now! My husband is in the Air Force and we were recently stationed in Tampa Florida for 5 years in which we had a great community of Catholic families. We are now stationed at Robins Afb in Georgia and still looking for our community here.
      I am originally from NJ, and have 3 other siblings. My husband is from Kansas and is one of 9. We are both cradle Catholics and met while he was stationed in NJ.

We have two boys ages 6 and 3. I am an occupational therapist but currently stay at home mom. We love being outside together as a family. Loved being in FL and going to beach/spending time on water. Looking forward to checking out Georgia mountains and parks. My husband loves golf and someday I’d like to become good at it so when we have an empty nest someday- I’m not left in the dust! Haha.

I am trained in catechesis of the good shepherd Level 1 and working on toddler formation. My big project this past year was starting an atrium out of my home due to lack of an atrium within 2 hours of us. It was a great experience but challenging at same time!

Currently my husband is deployed for 6months until November. I am hopeful he can join on some of these. We attended the retreat in Tampa and it really was helpful to us.

Looking forward to this.

Steph Jaucian
      Participant

Hi Kristen! So lovely to “meet” you! Firstly, good on you holding down the fort while your husband is deployed! I don’t know how you do it!

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training has been on my to-do list for a while but I can never get the timing right between babies.

That is great you were able to go to the retreat in Tampa. We were a so jealous of all of you who were able to go. Perhaps we can convince Mike and Alicia to run something similar in Australia one day!

Kristen Bina
      Participant

Thanks Steph! I don’t know how you do it either! Gods grace! Beautiful family you have, and twins!! Amazing 🙂

I studied abroad in Wollongong Australia In college and just loved Australia! Got to travel around quite a bit all way up the Gold Coast to Cairns and down to Melbourne and into outback. Such a beautiful country! So great to hear so many wonderful things about the catholic families in Australia on the podcast! Where are you from?

The retreat was lovely! They did a wonderful job, we really enjoyed it.

Great to meet you 🙂

Steph Jaucian
      Participant

Thanks Kristen! We are in Sydney. Wollongong is lovely. How lucky for you to have been able to study so close to the beach! Sounds like you’ve always moved around. You must be super organised and have very little clutter!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.