Hi from the Zugec Family!

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hi from the Zugec Family!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Claire Zugec
      Participant

Hi Everyone!

We are Claire and Jimmy Zugec, and are so happy to join all of you! We live in Pittsburgh, PA, which is where my husband was born and raised. I (Claire) have been a little more all over–I grew up in a small town in northern Vermont (where I acquired my love for winter and skiing, snowshoeing…anything in the snow!). Through a few other stops along the way, I ended up at Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH where I earned my Master’s in Counseling. I have been working in the mental health field for 12 years (in the Pittsburgh area) and have loved it! Jimmy works in the Parks Department in our township and has the awesome non-cubicle job of working outside everyday!

Jimmy and I met through the young adult group at our church and will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this October. We have 3 children: James (3 years old), Madalyn (2 years old), and Isabelle (our pandemic baby, born this past April!). We are fully in toddler-world here, and has its mix of joys and challenges!! We love all kinds of outside activities.. biking, beach / lake trips, exploring new areas, and we also are starting to try out camping with our little guys (which really means we are hoping to camp in our backyard a few times this summer!). We are super blessed to have a wonderful faith community around us and have connected with many newbie families like us, which we are so grateful for. However, we love the idea of this being a real intentional place of support and growth as parents and spouses, and to form a sense of community here as well. We look forward to what God will open up to us, and are excited to get to know all of you!

Anita Moffett
      Participant

Hello, we are fairly close here in Ohio. We love the outdoor world with our kiddos and finally got started when our youngest was almost 2..now at 4 she is a pro and its great that she can be in her bunk rather than the pack and play. Can’t wait to get “get to know” you

Claire Zugec
      Participant

That’s great, how far are you from Steubenville? That’s my alma mater, and I still go out there often. Yes, the camping will be an ongoing activity to develop with our family as the kids get older and can do a little more. For now, working on getting dressed (and staying dressed lol!) is a big accomplishment! So most of our outdoor activities are pretty simple at this point, with the hope of instilling in them a love for the outdoors like me and my husband have. Did you grow up on the farm you live at now? How do your kids enjoy the farm life?

Ann Best
      Participant

Hello to you both! I grew up in northern Michigan and I have a deep and abiding love of crosscountry skiing and snowshoeing – I still have a pair of snowshoes and keep hoping for a time when we have enough snow here in PA to go.

It sounds like you are in the midst of an amazing toddler boom! Our kids are a bit further apart in age but our youngest is 18 months and it is always a wild ride. Your kids sound like they are delightful! You’ve taken bigger steps than we have to get camping; Jeff always wants to but we haven’t managed it yet. Tent purchased? Yes. Tent actually set up outside? Um, not quite. New goals for us!

Claire Zugec
      Participant

Ann, our backgrounds seem a bit similar in terms of growing up in a small “you won’t know where I’m talking about” town and ending up in our wonderful city of Pittsburgh! How did you end up here? What part of town do you guys live in? Yes, I love cross-country skiing, though haven’t been able to do it much in our area because of there not often being enough snow to make it work!

Haha, we do have a tent, and had it set up a couple weekends ago but didn’t actually sleep in it with the kids yet. Baby steps lol.

Ann Best
      Participant

You’re so right, Claire! One of the things I love about Pittsburgh is that while I am in a city, it still looks and feels small town friendly, you know? I actually ended up out here for college and then attempted to move back to the Midwest, only to find myself back out in PA a year later. Ha! I guess God had different plans than mine. I do love it here though and after being here so long, I can’t quite imagine being somewhere else. We’re up in the North Hills area, not quite Wexford, but around that area. In what part of the city do you live? (And phew! We’re not too far behind on the tent plan. I’m thinking of it as a sort of “backyard fort to be” at present…)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.