Hello from the Slowiks

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Slowiks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Nicole Slowik
      Participant

Hello! My husband Jon and I have been married for 12 years and have three kids, ages 7 (girl), 4 (boy), and 7 months (boy). We met in college (Boston) and moved around quite a bit (DC, Austin, Pittsburgh) before finally settling down a few years ago in Birmingham, AL. Jon is from the Chicago suburbs originally, and I’m from northern VA, but we love Alabama, despite the difficulties of living far away from extended family.

Jon is a research engineer and I teach middle school science. I joined the Church during our college years and Jon is a cradle Catholic. As a family, we enjoy games and puzzles, as well as activities outdoors. As we grow accustomed to being outnumbered (parent-to-child), our oldest has been a great help, especially as the little one becomes more mobile. Our faith has deepened throughout our marriage. Since I was raised by a single parent in a nonreligious household I especially have sought out Catholic parenting resources. We both love podcasts and have gotten a lot out of the Messy Family podcast (been listening since 2015).

Locally, we help teach religious education at our parish, Jon is part of a local MOSJ men’s group, and we recently became the coordinators for Birmingham-area WWME group (which unfortunately is in a bit of a lull during this time of social distancing). It will be nice to be a part of this new online community.

Laureen Fish
      Participant

Nice to “meet” you Nicole! Too bad you aren’t still in the Boston area 🙂

Amanda Engerer
      Participant

I love podcasts too! I listen to them all the time…I’m even getting my 5 year old into podcasts, she loves listening to the Catholic Sprouts podcast every day hehe. What are some your favorite podcasts? (besides Messy Family because that one is obvious! lol) Nice to you meet you!!

Monica Poole
      Participant

Welcome to the group! I started the podcast about 3 years ago and have found it so helpful.

Nicole Slowik
      Participant

My daughter and I love Catholic Sprouts. Diapers and Disciples and Good Things Radio are good but I haven’t had as much time to listen lately. In the car in the mornings we like Morning Air on Relevant Radio. So nice to meet you all!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.