Hello from the Resch Family

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Resch Family

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      James Resch
      Participant

Hi!

We are the Resch family from Southwest Wisconsin. My name is James and my wife’s name is Emily. We met back in high school through a mutual friend and we even went to prom together! However, I graduated, went to college, and we lost contact with each other. Fast forward five years and we ran into each other at the zoo. The rest as we say is history.

We have been married now for almost nine years and have 5 children (8, 6, 3, 2, and 6 months). Emily works for an insurance company and I was working as the fifth grade teacher at our local Catholic school (where our oldest two children used to attend). Now with the uncertainty of what the next school year will look like, we have decided to homeschool our kids. We are excited about this new adventure!

Also, our oldest is having her First Communion and our youngest is being baptized tomorrow. Please keep them in your prayers!

Sandra Sturgeon
      Participant

Nice to meet you James! Congratulations and prayers for your youngest & oldest!

Lisa Wirth
      Participant

Prayers for your family as they receive these beautiful Sacraments 🙏🏼

Anita Moffett
      Participant

What a wonderful weekend for your family. Sending prayers!

James Resch
      Participant

Thank you for your prayers! It was a great day!

Andrea Sharkey
      Participant

What an exciting time for you all! May Christ bring a multitude of blessings from your children’s recent Sacraments. How wonderful <3

Kelly Groesbeck
      Participant

I also am leaving working in our Catholic school and bringing my kiddos home to homeschool in the fall. We toyed with the idea for years (actually since our rising 8th grader was going into kindergarten) but our experience at home during COVID pushed us to make the jump. It’s an adventure we are excited for!

Emily Resch
        Participant

We’ve been having such a good experience, too. I’ve been working from home during Covid, and the time together has been a blessing.
        I’m also excited he won’t have to grade and lesson plan after the kids go to bed!

Anita Moffett
      Participant

Way to go on making the shift, it was a conversation we had over the past few weeks but discerned to stick with the catholic school and me teaching for another year! I am eager to hear about everyone’s different situations and to learn from the experiences

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.