Hello from the Poole Family

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Poole Family

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Monica Poole
      Participant

Howdy from South Texas! Cody and I have been together for almost 12 years. We have a 7.5 year old son, Henry, and a 5.5 year old daughter, Karlene. Cody works for a general commercial contractor company and is currently building a new high school. I am an accountant, CPA, and I recently went out on my own and trying to find my new work life balance this past 6 months.

We live about 12 miles outside of a small town on a ranch with our cows, two chickens, two horses, cats, and dogs. If it were up to my daughter, we would have a zoo at our house. So, we stay busy with work, kids, and ranch life!

I am the introvert in the family. Cody and the kids are more social than I am, but my goal is to be more social in this group.

I am excited to meet everyone in this new neighborhood!

Anita Moffett
      Participant

Hello Pooles! We live a farm with cattle and raise grain crops and some day the chicken coop will be up and ready! I understand the busyness of life as my kiddos are of similar ages but I am extremely grateful for the space of country living in this season of shelter at home and being able to have entertainment right at our finger tips!

Monica Poole
        Participant

Yes, country living has it’s advantages when you need to social distance. 🙂

Ann Best
      Participant

Hello, Monica and Cody! Living on a ranch sounds so interesting! I’m guessing that my kids would probably decide that they would want to run away to Texas if they knew you had horses and dogs. Our daughters both think horses are amazing. Meanwhile, I’m guessing my boys would be running for anything with a motor. So glad to see you here!

Monica Poole
      Participant

We have plenty of equipment to play on! My son has been pretending to drive it since he could sit up. Sometimes my kids say they would rather live in town. It does have its advantages.

Ann Best
      Participant

I bet he has! So many times I head down to our van only to see Owen (also 7) shooting me a mischievous look as he scoots into the driver’s seat and demands to know just how long it will be before HE can drive. It sounds like he and Henry would have a lot of fun together!

Lisa Baird
      Participant

Good morning Monica! I have never been to Texas, but it sounds like a great place to raise your children. What great experiences your children are getting with living on a ranch and all of the animals. Our family would love to have either a dog or a cat but due to our daughter, Julia’s allergies we can’t. It’s sad because pets can add so much to your life and having one to hold and hug would really help our kids sensory issues. Your kids are at such a fun age and it’s a joy to watch them take in life. I hope you have a great day today. The heat broke here in NY do it’s not as hot/humid. Lisa

Monica Poole
        Participant

Animal allergies are no fun. We keep all of ours outside. I don’t want to clean up after anyone else. The two kids are enough. It stays hot and humid here during the summer. We are thankful for the shade and days it doesn’t get over 100. Stay cool in NY!

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

Hi Monica,
      My kids would love your ranch, they.all love animals and always want more. We just got chickens and they’re a lot of fun. Looking forward to hearing more from everyone here

Monica Poole
      Participant

Sounds like they would have a great time together! Henry doesn’t know a stranger and always ready for some fun.

Monica Poole
        Participant

Violeta, we always love showing friends around the farm! If you have never feed cows before you are missing some excitement.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.