Hello from the Leddy Family

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Leddy Family

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephanie Leddy
      Participant

Hi everyone! We are the Leddy family – Matt and Stephanie (married 7 years, as of next week) and our two children on earth Mary, age 2 & 1/2, and John, age 1 month. We live in northwest Ohio in the wonderful city of Findlay, which is Matt’s hometown. I work from home as a client account manager for a company based in Rhode Island. Matt is a sales/account manager for a sign company.

We enjoy spending time with our extended family and are active in our local parish, St. Michael the Archangel. I also enjoy riding horses in my spare time (what is that concept??) and have started dabbling with sewing. We are very excited to join the ‘hood and walk with you all through family life!

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

Stephanie, I am a horse lover too, though I never have time to ride. Last fall as a treat to myself, I volunteered at a summer camp to help care for the horses after camp was over. The ranch manager had a herd of over 20 to take care of! It was great for a month or so but then the camp ended the program and sold all the horses so my volunteering days were over! God must have known I didn’t have the time for it, but it was great to be back in the saddle, literally.

Do you have horses? Or do you ride somewhere else?

Tanya Castellino
      Participant

Hi Stephanie, nice to meet you! Your young family is beautiful =)

Stephanie Leddy
      Participant

Alicia, I am really blessed to have a pretty ideal setup for my riding. I majored in equestrian studies in college – our university here has a very competitive intercollegiate riding team & equestrian program. After we got married, I coached the intercollegiate team for a few years and would ride during school breaks/on summers when the horses weren’t being used for the university programs. I stopped coaching when our daughter was born but have maintained great relationships with the faculty & staff at the barn, so I’ve still been able to ride in the summers and during breaks (well, at least when not pregnant!). One of the university’s horses will eventually be coming to me for his retirement home; while we don’t own him yet, everyone at the farm universally acknowledges that he is more or less mine 🙂

Anita Moffett
      Participant

My former co-worker graduated from Findlay and her daughter was very active at the horse farm for awhile, such a small world!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.