Hello from the Lally’s!

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Lally’s!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ashlee Lally
      Participant

Hello all! We are the Lally family of four, with two wee ones- our daughter Cat at three years and son George at nearly one now, and of course my husband Michael and me, Ashlee! We live way across the pond in sunny Scotland, UK ❤🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤. Scotland and Britain in general are severely lacking in strong Catholic community, although we are lucky to have a small but thriving parish here that keep us going! So we were very excited for this chance to be apart of a supportive Catholic, family-centred “neighbourhood”!

We live in an apartment in a large city in Scotland, and we’re always on the move. My daughter and Mike love zip-lining, rock climbing and biking. We all enjoy boating and lazy summer days at the nearby beach. Our house is always full of people, and that’s how we like it! We’re excited to be apart if this neighbourhood now, too.

Patrick Sharkey
      Participant

Wow, Hello to Scotland from Washington state. I had no idea this would be such a big neighborhood! Looking forward to getting to know you and Mike. God bless.

Sandra Sturgeon
      Participant

Hi Ashlee, so glad to meet you! Y’all are so active, I love it (we should take some notes from y’all haha)! We love boating over the summer too, nothing quite like just sailing along with the cool breeze whipping past you.

Ashlee Lally
      Participant

It’s the best, although you probably have better weather hahaha! My family is from Dallas, Texas originally, and they still live near a big lake, so everytime Mike’s family come over to visit they spend every day in the sun and on the lake. Sunshine is at least guaranteed there Haha!

Ashlee Lally
      Participant

Hi Patrick! I have family in Washington state- they say it’s the closest climate to Scotland, Haha. My family is from Texas originally, and we’re happy to have brought the Messy Family Project abroad! Britain could really use a strong Catholic social network. Lovely to meet you all!

Lisa Baird
      Participant

Wow- Scotland! I have never been to Europe but my husband studied in England for a semester in college before we met. I’m sure it’s very beautiful in Scotland.

Anita Moffett
      Participant

Thanks for helping make the neighborhood international! I personally love hearing and learning about the different ways our Catholic faith comes out around the world! Can’t wait to “know you” better

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.