Hello from the Da Silvas

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Da Silvas

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

We’re Leandro and Violeta Da Silva. We met in Peru but lost touch for a few years, then by St Therese’ intercession, we started a long distance relationship (I am originally from Spain) and then got married in Madrid. We live in Central New Jersey with our five children: Teresa (13), Claudia (11), Isabel (9), Elena (7) and Francisco (2 1/2).
      Leandro graduated from Rutgers university and works as an IT manager. I’m a registered nurse but currently my full time job is my family.
      We also have a dog and 7 chickens so we don’t have a lot of free time. We enjoy going to the beach, traveling, reading, playing board games together.
      We’re very excited about this site and are looking forward to meeting all of you and growing as a catholic family.

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

Violeta thank you for posting! We were in NJ last October for some talks. Did we meet you by any chance? We are so glad you are on the site! I have lots of family in NJ in the Berekely Heights area. it is so beautiful there.

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

Hi Alicia, We did meet you. Not sure if you remember us. We went with all the kids to 2 of the talks at st Mary’s Parish.

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

Yes! I do remember you:). I remember talking to you about the need for community, so this site is for YOU! Seriously, the conversation we had with you was another nudge to get us to do this. So glad you joined and I look forward to continuing our conversation!

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

We’re so grateful and excited for this. May God bless your ministry and everyone involved! I’m sure it’s going to be great

Andrea Sharkey
      Participant

Hi Violeta, We like board games too! Does your family have some favorites to recommend? I’m a nurse as well. Fun to see connections!

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

Hi Andrea! So great to hear from another nurse. My last job was also in pediatrics. Our kids are older and I feel like we play the same game over and over for a while and then move to another one. We enjoy monopoly, scrabble,apples to apples, uno, old maid, a yeti in my spaghetti, spot it…the last ones are actually good for small kids as well.

Anita Moffett
      Participant

We too are looking for more community so I thank you to for your conversation with the Hernon’s about the need! Can’t wait to get to know you better!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.