Hello from the Carder Family

Home Forums On the Front Porch Hello from the Carder Family

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephanie Carder
      Participant

Hi! I’m Stephanie. My husband, Doug, and I met salsa dancing at the University of Notre Dame. He earned a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from Notre Dame and I earned my nursing degree from St. Mary’s across the street.

We’ve been married for 7 years and have two blonde haired, blue eyed kiddies: Sarah who is 4, and Michael who will be 2 in September.

Doug is an engineering consultant and I am a stay-at-home mom just beginning the homeschooling journey. Together as a family we like to backpack, explore nature and museums, garden, and work on home projects! We look forward to getting to know all of you and grow together towards Christ!

Sandra Sturgeon
      Participant

Hi Stephanie! We’re at a very similar stage as y’all — 4yo and 17mo, and we just started homeschooling about 2 months ago now! So glad to see so many homeschooling families here already!

Stephanie Carder
      Participant

Hi Sandra! I’m so glad about that too, it will be great to bounce ideas off each other and learn from each other!

How are you enjoying Mother of Divine Grace so far?

It’s so nice to meet you and your lovely family!

Lisa Baird
      Participant

Hi- so nice to meet you. We are huge ND fans. Been to the campus a couple of times for a football game.

Amanda Engerer
      Participant

Hi Stephanie! Nice to meet you! My kids are similar ages. 5years, 3 years and 5 months. My husband and I lived in Indiana for 5 years while he got is PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue, so we know quite a few people who went to Notre Dame and St. Mary’s for their undergrad! Good luck with your homeschooling journey!

Stephanie Carder
      Participant

Hi Amanda!

So nice to meet you! Thank you!
      I’m glad there’s another mechanical engineer on board, too! Does your husband like to do projects around the house?

Anita Moffett
      Participant

Hello there! What type of gardening do you do? Flowers, vegetables? I do more with the fruits and vegetables but I am getting more into the flowers as I fill in my Mary garden.

Stephanie Carder
      Participant

Hi Anita!!

I am a very beginner gardener, but I find it so peaceful and rewarding and hope to get better each year! Mostly vegetables at this point and we hope to plant some pear trees in the near future (after some more practice 😉). Right now we have different kinds of squash, herbs, broccoli and cauliflower, peppers, canteloupe and pumpkin.

How about you? What flowers are you planting in your Mary garden?

Nice to meet you!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.