Greetings from Los Locos Lucas

Home Forums On the Front Porch Greetings from Los Locos Lucas

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      April Lucas
      Participant

Hi friends

I’m April Lucas. I am a Mexican cradle catholic. My family set roots in Monterey California. It was there I had my daughter Jazzelle at 20 and I was a single parent for six years. It was that sixth year that I wrote a letter to God thanking him for my husband and father to my children. No joke he showed up within two months of writing this letter. My very own personalized gift from God.

As of now we have added a six month old son and a potential foster daughter on the way. I’ll be the first to say that while our story starts off very romantically we struggle with culture differences, parenting styles, and so on. Quarantine has us down and we miss church and community.

Violeta Dasilva
      Participant

Hello April, I’m originally from Spain so it’s nice to hear there is another Spanish speaker here.
      I love how God worked to find your husband. He does wonders with our lives

Ann Best
      Participant

Hi, April! Your story is so inspiring and lovely – God is good! Congratulations on the birth of your son! The first year is such a roller coaster, isn’t it?

Our family has also been feeling a bit down with the dramatic changes to this year and summer as well. How has Jazzelle been doing with it? Our older two are really missing their friends but we’ve been trying to keep them busy. Wishing you well!

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

Hi April and Welcome!  Isn’t it amazing how God works in our lives?  He certainly “writes straight with crooked lines” 🙂  I am glad you all are here in our neighborhood.  Your post is making me wonder if we should have a Spanish-speaking topic on the forum so those for whom English is not their first language can communicate better.  If that is of interest to you, let me know!

Steve Lucas
      Participant

Hi From Aprils other half Steve 😛 ! Sorry, it has taken so long for me to get on here to write. I’m freshly out of the Air Force after 10.5 years and now work with the American Red Cross as a Disaster Program Manager. Unlike my wife, I’m not a cradle Catholic, i’m actually still very fresh to Catholicism and have loved the journey thus far. I’m super excited to be apart of this group and look forward to meeting everyone and learning together:) God Bless

YBIC, Steve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.