Discernment

Home Forums Ladies’ Garden Party Discernment

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alicia Hernon
      Participant

I’m going to put this topic here, because I think its something that moms deal with more than dads.  Men are so simple *sigh*.  For good or for bad, they are usually single minded and more easily can keep focused.  I think that most mothers feel pulled in many directions more often.  We have the children, of course, but then there are also extended family relationships,  home care, part time work (or full time!), friends, community events, school commitments, etc.  Most of this does fall to mothers, though dads can be extremely helpful.  I just don’t think that Dads carry the same burdens that moms do in these areas (Dads have their own burdens to carry!!).  Anyway, I would love to hear some of your stories of how you have pulled back in areas when needed. How you have challenged yourself when needed, and what did that process look like.

I’m happy to share my own experience, and I will jump in the conversation, but I would love to hear from you all!  What do you think?

If you want to follow this topic, click “subscribe” at the top!

Hi Alicia (and neighborhood)!  The very first word that came to my mind is routines.  For example, if my kids do not empty the dishwasher BEFORE they eat breakfast, it can really set me back.  Seems like such a simple thing, but focusing on routines can really help us scatterbrained moms!  The next word that comes to mind is priorities.  There are only so many hours in a day.  No one can do it ALL.  So, looking at the schedule and current family dynamic can help mom (couples) prioritize which directions they are being pulled.  There are some directions I am more willing to be pulled than others.  Can’t wait to chat more!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.