Catholic Bridal Shower!

Home Forums Ladies’ Garden Party Catholic Bridal Shower!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Krysten Fulcher
      Participant

Hello ladies,

I am sponsoring a lovely woman in RCIA who will be coming into the church on the Easter Vigil and getting married in May! She has had a very tumultuous life but found the Lord and is very excited to be Catholic. I am throwing her a small bridal shower before her wedding and would love to make it personal and Catholic. I just re-listened to the podcast episode about Pat Hernon’s wedding and love the idea of giving her gifts from proverbs! Alicia, would you be willing to share that list of gifts so I can recreate it in some way? Does anyone else have ideas to share? I’d love your thoughts on how to make this special for her!

Alicia Hernon
      Participant

Sure!  This is a simple document that I used for Cassie, my daughter in law.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.messyfamilyproject.org/Catholic+Bridal+Shower.docx.pdf

It’s pretty open-ended.  You ask as many women as you like (between 8-12) to take a verse from Proverbs 31, buy a gift that symbolizes that verse, and create a short reflection in the verse from their own lives.  It’s a sharing/advice-giving/encouragement.  I asked women that were family members or role models to do it.  Her aunts couldn’t be there, but they sent gifts and put their reflections in a card that was read.  It was easy and fun to do!  And Cassie felt very loved.

Hope this helps you!

Alicia

Krysten Fulcher
      Participant

Thank you so much for your help Alicia! I’m sad to say the link didn’t open for me, unfortunately. Is there any way to send even a screen shot of it? Whatever is easiest for you. My email address is krysten.knecht@gmail.com.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.