Reply To: If you are homeschooling this year, check this out…

Home Forums Recommendations and Advice If you are homeschooling this year, check this out… Reply To: If you are homeschooling this year, check this out…

Adam Stanislawski
Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have a first grader and pk4.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>For math, we are using Math U See Alpha level.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>For Language Arts, we’re using Bookshark Lang Arts 1 with Explode the Code. We’re also using a gentle handwriting workbook (2m) from Catholic Heritage Curricula.

For science, we’re using Behold and See 1 from Catholic Heritage Curricula, outdoor nature studies from SCM, and my wife, Rita, who was a bio major 🙂

For history/social studies/geography, we’re using The Story of the World vol. 1 and a globe.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>For religion, we read a bible story to begin the day. We copy a bible verse once/week and memorize it over the week. We read a saint story once/week, use the kids St. Joseph Baltimore catechism for one lesson, and are using The Rosary in Art for Children to pray a decade each week.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>As for enrichments, we’re memorizing a poem from Robert Louis Stevenson each week or two and having a “recital” on Fridays (they love this!). We’re reading various literature. We’re doing a weekly composer study in Beethoven from Simply Charlotte Mason, and we’re doing art picture studies from Catholic Heritage Curricula to start each day (these take 5 minutes, get them focused, and they love it!). I’ve a PE background, so I’m not worried about that.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>It’s been pretty great!</p>