Reply To: If you are homeschooling this year, check this out…

Home Forums Recommendations and Advice If you are homeschooling this year, check this out… Reply To: If you are homeschooling this year, check this out…

Adam Stanislawski
Participant

First, thank you for adding “dads who are homeschooling”!  We just switched our children last week from attending a Catholic school this year to homeschooling, and I’m the Daddy teacher.  ALL of the podcasts and websites that I’ve found consistently mention “homeschooling moms”, which is understandable, though I’m sure that there’s at least one more Dad in the US who is homeschooling, right?

Overall, this is a major change for our family and we’re a bit stressed.  That said, we’re only schooling for PK and first grade, and we already purchased curriculum for Math and Language Arts for our first grader as well as Charlotte Mason or Classical style enrichment activities for Social Studies, Music appreciation, and Art appreciation, and some kids desks.  We’re hopeful that this experience will go well; though I am certainly plagued by second guessing and am having trouble maintaining my peace and faith.  Can anyone give any pointers for engaging a young, strong-willed and very social little girl who is your daughter in a way where she’ll still enjoy learning?  Outside of curriculum, I’m most concerned about giving her the pride and ownership that she felt when she attended her school.