Reply To: the Survival Zone!

Home Forums Messy Parenting 101 the Survival Zone! Reply To: the Survival Zone!

Great idea Julia!  We don’t have nappers right now…but soon we will once again.  Even a family quiet time can be a good thing….again, that  doesn’t happen on the weekends for us right now unless I sneak away for a nap.

For us, we move a lot.  So, I try and find a sitter from a Catholic family ASAP.  And then once a month at least (once every two weeks is best I think), we get our sitter on the books for a Friday night, early dinner.  We still like to tuck our kids in….but I don’t want to deal with dinner and bath time routines.  We did not always make it a priority (i wish we would have)….but since the kids are older now and stay up later, we make it a priority now!  When baby number 5 comes in Nov, it will be interesting to see how we juggle it all with the nursing etc.  But we know to make it a priority now! 🙂  I will say Eric and I look forward to Saturday morning coffee/breakfast together after he makes pancakes/bacon for everyone and they run off to play their coveted once a week Minecraft video game time together.  A type of quiet time, hahaha.

Our first date after moving to NJ is this Friday!  WOOT WOOT!  God totally provided the sitter.  It was really neat how it all came together.

Enjoy those Saturday afternoons 🙂